Trans Canada Truck Driving Schools are one of the best driving schools in Greater Montreal! Our driving classes offer approved training for drivers with special needs. Learn with our professionals. As Industry Leaders in the Commercial Driver Training Industry, our programs go beyond the minimum training of other schools.
OBTAINING A DRIVER’S LICENCE FOR CLASS 3 TRUCK
To obtain a Class 3 license to drive a truck, you must have held a valid Class 5 driver’s license for at least 2 years, have a good driving record, be in good health, and pass a knowledge test and 2 road tests.
A Class 3 license authorizes its holder to drive:
- a truck with 2 axles and whose net weight is 4,500 kg or more
- a truck with 3 or more axles
- either of the above vehicles that are:
- hauling a trailer or semi-trailer and which is only used to transport equipment, tools, or furnishings as part of its permanent equipment, and whose net weight is greater than 2,000 kg but less than 4,500 kg
- hauling a trailer or semi-trailer whose net weight is less than 2,000 kg
A Class 3 driver’s license also authorizes its holder to drive any other class of vehicle, except:
- combinations of road vehicles (Class 1)
- buses with a seating capacity of more than 24 passengers (Class 2)
- motorcycles (Class 6)