CLASS 3 TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL TRANS CANADA MONTREAL
Truck driver training programs are invaluable to getting you the experience of driving heavy vehicles. Program prices will vary, but TRANS CANADA Driving School offers a Class 3 standard transmission program and automatic transmission program at a reasonable price. A full Class 1 training program can cost a bit more but all of Class 3 and Class 1 programs do have interest-free payment plans available through our school. Payment plans can be arranged around your training schedule and can be paid throughout the term of your training period. We offer flexible, individualized options for each one of our students to ensure that the financial toll is not too hard on them!
To obtain a Class 3 licence to drive a truck, you must have held a valid Class 5 driver’s licence for at least 2 years, have a good driving record, be in good health, and pass a knowledge test and 2 road tests.
A Class 3 licence authorizes its holder to drive:
- a truck with 2 axles and whose net weight is 4,500 kg or more
- a truck with 3 or more axles
- either of the above vehicles that are:
- hauling a trailer or semi-trailer and which is only used to transport equipment, tools, or furnishings as part of its permanent equipment, and whose net weight is greater than 2,000 kg but less than 4,500 kg
- hauling a trailer or semi-trailer whose net weight is less than 2,000 kg
A Class 3 driver’s licence also authorizes its holder to drive any other class of vehicle, except:
- combinations of road vehicles (Class 1)
- buses with a seating capacity of more than 24 passengers (Class 2)
- motorcycles (Class 6)